If IBM, HP and Sun aren’t meeting today to plot a radical, Cisco margin destroying open-source router & low-cost switch counterattack – like Seagate, HP and IBM performed on Quantum’s DLT – they’re idiots.
– via Cisco’s unified computing system (StorageMojo.com)
As I said in a previous post, I think Cisco’s recent moves are going to be great for guys like XORP and Vyatta.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Why Cisco, Not IBM, Should Buy Sun (gigaom.com)
- Cisco’s Data Center Moves: Who Wins, Who Loses? (gigaom.com)
- Cisco’s Data Center Play Reinvents The Server (gigaom.com)
- Cisco Plans Big Push Into Server Market (Ashlee Vance/New York Times) (techmeme.com)