All of the books I link in this section are books that I’ve personally read (or wrote!) and recommend to any aspiring VC.
You’ll see that some of these are focused on company building instead of VC investing.
That’s exactly the point! Because you really need to have both of those perspectives to be a good VC.
Here are the links:
- Term Sheets and Valuations by Alex Wilmerding
- Do More Faster by Techstars Founder David Cohen and VC Brad Feld
- Road to a Venture Capital Career by yours truly :)
- Four Steps to the Epiphany by Steve Blank, the founder of the Lean Startup movement
- Why Killer Products Don’t Sell by Ian Gotts
- Creative Capital: Georges Doriot and the Birth of Venture Capital by Spencer E. Ante
Other books that Amazon recommends to people who bought my book:
- Venture Capital 101 by Bill Snow
- Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld
- Essentials of Venture Capital by Alexander Haislip
- Mastering the VC Game: A Venture Capital Insider Reveals How to Get from Start-up to IPO on Your Terms by Jeffrey Bussgang
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel
- Venture Capitalists at Work: How VCs Identify and Build Billion-Dollar Successes by Tarang Shah