Thanks for visiting my corner of the Internet!
The content you’ll find on my site is focused on venture capital jobs, and it’s place where you can subscribe to my venture capital newsletter.
I also work on some other things! Here’s some background about them.
I actively invest in seed stage startups through GoingVC Partners as a Cofounder and General Partner.
The portfolio consists of 20+ startups (and growing), with 2 companies exited (OnSpecta, Volumetric) and 1 “unicorn”. Co-investors include VC firms like Founders Fund, Boldstart, Insight Venture Partners, Bain Capital Ventures, NextView Ventures, and many more.
I personally gravitate towards startups that:
- Build software for developers or IT (Current portfolio companies include Wallaroo Labs, WayScript, and Quantum Metric)
- Enable the future of work through content, education, and community (like GoingVC, which I cofounded)
- Transform how early stage entrepreneurs are funded and financed
Startup Operating and Product Management
- At DigitalOcean, I am Director of the DigitalOcean Marketplace, where I lead an awesome team of product managers and engineers. Previously I was the founding product manager for DigitalOcean Spaces.
- I was the 1st business hire and 1st non-founding employee @ Turbonomic (acquired by IBM for ~$2 billion), joining shortly after the initial round of financing that was led by Bain Capital Ventures and Highland Capital Partners.
- After working at Turbonomic I spent time at Amazon.com as a senior vertical product manager, where I launched a display ad product with a global footprint. I also led business development at AWS for Big Data solutions and services.
- Earlier in my career, I led VMware’s Northeast US professional services team, having joined the company when it was just a few hundred employees.
- You can see my full work history here on LinkedIn as well.
I’ve cofounded 2 companies:
- GoingVC is the leading VC career accelerator program with 400+ members and alums around the world, coupled with an associated VC investment arm, GoingVC Partners.
- BEMAVEN (fka HireNurture) was a SaaS company in the future of work space that focused on challenges related to technical hiring.
firstname.lastname@example.org is the best way to reach me.
John, I am a regular reader of your blog and would like to know if any of your friends with expertise in Virtulization are interested in a new job, which is
“Senior Director” Data Center Operations, Location: Washington DC. Plz let me know if you know any one.Thanks
A striking advertisement deal for johngannonblog.com,
We are an online media company, engaged in various online promotional programs. In our recent project, we need good website links for the web traffic development. The only objective of this exercise is to increase our visibility in search engine and get steady traffic on our web pages.
Our intention is to buy space for links on your website’s internal pages. We only need text links on words that already exist on you website pages. Our proposal also has monetary compensation for you, as we can pay you up to $30 for this professional collaboration. The payments are generally made up within 48 hours of link going live on your website.
If you have any question or concern, do let us know!
Have a nice time!
I want to buy text links on internal pages of your website. I can pay you $30 for one link. My link will will NOT be a spam link. The link will be 100% related to your content.
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thanks & Regards
John – How would one go about posting positions on your site?
You can email gannonj @ gmail with your post and we can put it up. Thanks.