(Thanks to Mark Davis who forwarded this one to the Blue Venture Community List)
Venture Capital Analyst at Bessemer Venture Partners
Location: Greater New York City Area10010 (Greater New York City Area)
LinkedIn Exclusive — this job is available only on LinkedIn
BVP is seeking an investment analyst to join the firm for a two year analyst program. The analyst role is ideal for someone who is self-motivated, competitive, passionate about technology, and excited about the opportunity to speak with hundreds of entrepreneurs. The position is located in the firm’s Larchmont, New York office, which is 35 minutes by train from Manhattan.
Analysts gain first-hand experience with the full breadth of venture capital activities and work on the cutting edge of business, technology, and innovation. BVP takes a “roadmap-driven” approach to investing by developing investment theses in sectors that are ripe for innovation and proactively reaching out to companies within these areas. Analysts serve a critical role in working closely with Partners and Associates to map out investment roadmaps, predict emerging trends, and identify exciting investment opportunities.
Analysts’ primary responsibility is to interact with hundreds of entrepreneurs each year in an effort to originate new investments for the firm. Analysts are given the opportunity to work in a wide variety of sectors— including consumer Internet, online retail, mobile, enterprise software, financial services, healthcare IT/services, cleantech, and emerging areas of technology. Analysts also work closely with the firm’s senior professionals to develop investment roadmaps and conduct due diligence processes associated with these opportunities.
The Analyst position provides a unique opportunity to experience the role of a venture capital professional, speak with hundreds of executives at high-growth technology businesses, and gain exposure to all aspects of the venture capital investment process.
– BA/BS from Ivy League or equivalent institution.
– Outstanding academic record with significant campus leadership experience/extracurricular achievements.
– Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology/entrepreneurship.
– Basic understanding of business and accounting, but extensive study in these areas is not required.
– Comfort proactively contacting and speaking directly with CEOs of companies.
– One to two years of prior work experience at a leading investment bank, consulting firm or technology business is preferred. Outstanding graduating Seniors from the class of 2010 will also be considered.
– Two year commitment in the New York office. Select analysts who demonstrate exceptional performance will have an opportunity to stay for a third year.
Bessemer Venture Partners (BVP) is the oldest venture capital firm in the United States, carrying on a tradition of active venture investing that has continued since 1911. With offices in Silicon Valley, Boston, New York, Israel, and India, the firm manages one of the largest venture funds in the industry. Over the past 30 years, BVP has taken more than 100 companies public and generated top-decile venture returns.
BVP was an early investor in dozens of companies that have fundamentally changed industries, including Skype, Postini, LinkedIn, Yelp, Diapers.com, VeriSign, BladeLogic, HotJobs, Gerson Lehrman Group, LifeLock, Gartner, International Paper, Maxim, Parametric, Staples, Veritas, Parallels, Sports Authority, and W.R. Grace. BVP invests across investment stages and across all areas of high technology—including Internet, software, digital media, cleantech, biopharma, healthcare IT, and financial services.
Job ID: 844169