New Ventures is responsible for sourcing and launching new businesses across the healthcare industry. Serving as a major growth engine for Optum Insights, new ventures works closely with Optum leadership and collaborates with existing business unit leaders and innovation teams to generate growth from “white space” opportunities, with a special emphasis on ideas that span industry sub-sectors.
New venture teams enjoy unparalleled access to the executives at the leading healthcare organizations in the United States and to major investors and prominent leaders in the industry. Entrepreneurial-minded candidates will find a challenging environment, a supportive organization and an opportunity to develop a broad skill-set while affecting meaningful change in one of the most critical industries in today’s economy.
Associate Principals will support the development and refinement of the company’s growth strategy, expanding the firm’s knowledge base in emerging terrains, and spearheading the research, development, and launch of multiple new businesses.
This opportunity is based in Washington, D.C.
- Identify, scope and size new venture opportunities
- Analyze competitors and draft positioning collateral
- Conduct rigorous market testing by interviewing key industry executives
- Develop pro-formas and financial models
- Pitch new ventures or terrain explorations to senior leaders
- Evaluate and diligence investments and acquisitions
- Collaborate with development and product management teams on internal builds
- Support initial hiring, sales, and implementation activities on new ventures
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in developing growth strategies for organization(s), particularly around new business lines
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Experience managing and coaching more junior team members
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Willingness to take risks and act decisively with regard to new opportunities
- Experience working with clients in a consultative role – comfort engaging senior level people in back-and-forth conversation, ability to be convincing when necessary, and ability to develop strong relationships through each interaction
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Health care clinical experience
If interested, please apply here.