The Principal, Strategic Partnership Alliance is a critical role a new division of the Health Management Academy. The Strategic Partnership Alliance is an Academy program serving a dozen top 100 health systems which will evaluate new ventures that its participants wish to commercialize, diligence partnership opportunities, and create an investment marketplace.
The Alliance will manage a portfolio of workstreams. Some will be pre-launch and the Principal will focus on validating IP, benchmarking performance across the cohort to create value assessment, conducting market analysis to hone packaging concepts, testing problem runs, creating a workplan for incubation and launch and an investment thesis for partnership and/or seed capital. Some will be nascent but funded ventures and the Alliance will focus on building a go-to market plan, through market analysis, testing packaging and pricing, creating a detailed proforma and workplan for commercialization, and presenting the thesis for investment or partnership for the group. The Alliance will also tackle longer term transformational opportunities to solve evergreen problems best addressed by economies of scale.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, a self-starter, adept at market research and financial analysis and eager to take on new challenges. Mid-career professionals with six to eight years of substantive work experience in a health care, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting.
- Manage multiple diligence workstreams evaluating health system spinoff ventures
- Conduct market testing interviews leveraging the Academy’s network of executives from the leading health systems
- Conduct target market segmentation analysis, competitive landscape research and product packaging research
- Validate ROI of venture concept by conducting benchmarking studies with members and manage clean-room data environment
- Create ROI models and conduct price testing
- Formulate go-to market plans
- Create proforma for venture launch
- Develop investment thesis for investment arms of health system members
- Create business launch budget and plans
- Create member-facing analysis to report back on findings
- Beyond SPA, lead workstreams for Academy New Product Development endeavors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA is preferred
- 6+ years of substantive work experience in health care, management consulting, private equity or venture capital.
- Strong project management experience, including demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage complex, multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction
- Demonstrated skills in researching and analyzing healthcare issues, including an ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent analytic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills, including ability to drafting of interview guides, execute studies, and produce syntheses of key findings
- Articulate – written and oral – and professional; excellent customer and client service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Excel
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work independently and in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to travel as required (perhaps > 50% of the time)
- Desire and ability to work independently for substantial periods of time with a high degree of autonomy
- Supervisory experience is required
- Experience working for private equity-backed companies a plus
The Academy recruits, rewards, and retains employees by leading the local labor market in total compensation, providing opportunities for employees to advance and develop their careers as a result of the fast-paced, high-growth, nature of our company. We are proud to offer a benefit package including comprehensive health benefits; a company matched 401(k); flexible benefits for dependent care, unreimbursed health care, and commuter expenses and paid time off program. In addition, eligible employees receive company paid: parking, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness program, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
If interested, please apply here.