Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha. We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The GenCo Strategy & Innovation team focuses on executing Exelon’s long-term corporate strategic plan within the Exelon Generation affiliate, including crafting and execution of specific strategic initiatives. This position is within the Constellation Technology Ventures (CTV) group, Exelon’s venture capital organization, which is part of the GenCo Strategy & Innovation team. CTV drives innovation by investing in venture-stage energy technology companies that can provide new solutions to Exelon’s operating companies and its customers and by supporting the innovation ecosystem generally. CTV aims to drive value for its portfolio companies by providing active connectivity to Exelon’s operating companies. This position is part of the innovation & commercialization function within the CTV team with responsibility for formulating and executing on the commercialization thesis motivating the investment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Develop portfolio company specific commercialization strategies aiding in achieving the strategic goals of both organizations.
2. Develop and implement comprehensive and cross functional programs to support the scalable commercialization of CTV portfolio company products and Assist in end to end project management of CTV commercial deployments ensuring operational effectiveness.
3. Understand the types of customers/stakeholders served in various Exelon business lines with a particular emphasis on Constellation’s retail commodity or distributed energy business.
4. Develop a deep understanding of CTV’s portfolio company products and technologies, their respective sales and marketing strategies, and determine thoughtful synergies within the broader Exelon framework.
5. Assist CTV leadership with the strategic and operational management of portfolio companies
6. Build and manage an internal network to facilitate commercialization of invested technologies
7. Support the broader Constellation Innovation ecosystem. Serving as an internal innovation champion and leveraging Innovation best practices.
8+ years of experience in energy retail or utility sales/marketing, strategy consulting, investment management or asset management
Bachelor’s degree with a record of academic achievement required
Strong analytical, financial, and computer skills
Strong presentation skills capable of presenting externally and internally to all levels of the organization.
A demonstrated ability of working cooperatively with all levels of management and staff but without direct authority
A demonstrated understanding of Exelon and Constellation commercial business units and personnel
Strong modeling, presentation-building, and verbal and written communication skills
Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Evidence of passion for entrepreneurship, technologies, and startups
Proactive, self-directed, and a strong work ethic with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
Direct energy technology company experience a plus.
Entrepreneurial spirit and self-motivation to weather potential business failures and/or product/technology changes
Deep personal interest and passion in energy technology, startups and innovation.
Experience launching new products and services in larger organizations
Experience developing new channels for distribution of technology products and services
Ability to matrix manage cross functionally and understand decision drivers for the respective functions.
If interested, please apply here.