Northpond Ventures is a science-based global venture capital investment firm, with an office in Bethesda, Maryland, adjacent to the Bethesda metro stop. We build and support breakthrough science and technology driven businesses to create a marked impact on humanity. Our mission is building a better tomorrow.
Northpond Ventures is seeking a motivated and experienced Business Intelligence professional to support the firm’s cross functional needs in business intelligence, data and analytics. In this role you will work directly across the investment and finance teams to engineer optimal solutions that support both short and long-term priorities for the organization; proposing solutions ranging from traditional to more modern, interactive business intelligence and analytical tools. You will craft insights, build processes, create visualizations, and develop/monitor data products that facilitate investment analysis and operational assessments.
- Build actionable dashboards or reports that contribute towards the firm’s goals
- Communicate insights, results and make data-driven stories come to life through compelling, clear visualizations
- Collaborate with team members across data functions including investment and finance teams to deliver best-in-class business analytic tools and outputs to better inform decision making
- Manage vendors to provide high value, practical, integrated business tools for executive management and investment teams
- Develop high-impact analyses quantifying the impact of key business initiatives
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Finance, Mathematics or similar quantitative field or a degree in a different field with relevant experience suited to this position
- Proficiency with data visualization software such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Qlik, MicroStrategy or other visualization tools
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics and SQL structured programming, ad hoc queries, and data analysis development
- Experience working directly with business and technology partners to understand objectives and articulate the impact of Business Intelligence solutions on organizational management
- Must possess an analytical mindset and have a strong understanding of data visualization and dashboard approaches
- Advanced experience with MS Office Suite
- Strong business acumen with the ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Strong detail orientation skills along with the ability to perform position responsibilities independently with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to both prioritize and handle multiple priorities at once
- High degree of initiative, self-discipline, and motivation and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
- Possesses a positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
If interested, please apply here.