Our New Ventures team is charged with identifying enterprise white space opportunities and potential partners who are aligned with our mission and goals. The New Ventures team partners with leaders across Hilton to utilize our deep insight into customer and owner needs to build partnership relationships that create deeper relationships with our customers, expand our offerings and ensure Hilton is the company of choice for owners. We incubate both new partnership relationships and new business models for the enterprise.
What will I be doing?
Are you someone who enjoys exploring white space opportunities? Do you love learning about industry players and potential lifestyle partners? If so, then this is the opportunity for you! As a Manager on our New Ventures team you will support enterprise-level business development initiatives that positively impact our guests, shareholders, and our Team Members. In addition, you will analyze industry and customer trends, identify and evaluate opportunities for business growth. You will have the opportunity to ideate on the next ancillary revenue opportunities and find new ways to surprise & delight our customers. Lastly, you will help support the incubation on new ventures that will expand Hilton’s reach and positively impact guest experience. You will report to the Senior Director, New Ventures. If you are passionate about the travel and hospitality industry and looking to join a high performing team, then we would love for you to join us!
More specifically, you will:
- Establish strategic frameworks, business cases, and evaluation criteria to assess corporate initiatives, such as growth opportunities, development of new brands, and/or business model innovation.
- Evaluate internal capabilities vs. external opportunities and support decisions to build, partner, or invest from a strategic, go-to-market and financial perspective.
- Work with senior management in the planning, development, and execution of shorter term and long-range goals.
- Form positive partnerships with departments across the enterprise to complete strategic projects resulting in recommendations to senior management.
- Lead research and analysis on industry players and potential partners.
- Build detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis that incorporates market dynamics, business model comparisons, value proposition relevance, strategic fit, and financial health.
- Build and maintain productive relationships across the organization in order to understand enterprise-wide business objectives/strategies, and implications for corporate strategy initiatives.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about travel and love to have the chance to create dynamic strategies impacting our business and industry. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- A-type player; someone who is passionate about excellence
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents
- Strong analytical skills; ability to distill data to actionable insights and recommendations
- Be deeply curious about Hilton customer needs, trends
- Ability to think strategically, including defining objectives and developing frameworks to achieve success
- Ability to influence and build positive, cross-functional relationships
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Two (2) years’ experience working in business/corporate development, corporate strategy or consulting
- Experience evaluating whitespace opportunities
- Experience effectively running and prioritizing multiple projects and activities with competing priorities
- Strong financial modeling, valuation and analytical skills
- Strong story-telling capabilities utilizing presentation tools
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Two (2) years of experience in a top consulting firm
- One (1) year of business development experience
- Travel industry experience
If interested, please apply here.