Are you an energized entrepreneur willing to leverage your capabilities in a Consumer Health care product development leadership role that allows you to leverage the latest in technology to accelerate product development? If so, this Start-up Lab Tech Lead role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As Start-Up Lab Technical Lead is a member of a 2-person Agile team exploring, developing and delivering new business in the Wellness area for GSK CH, focusing on the U.S. Market. Will identify new market opportunities, new technologies, new business models, and other capabilities required to unlock growth within targeted segments.
Acts as “founder” of an internal startup, leading heavily matrixed cross-functional (internal and external) team and engaging regularly with GSK CH U.S. Leadership Team for Venture Capital-style funding and governance.
These Responsibilities Include Some Of The Following
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
- Partners with SL Commercial Lead to identify and realize opportunities in a Start-Up Lab opportunity area.
- Ability to brainstorm and co-develop concepts for Commercial and Consumer evaluation
- Develop Innovation road-maps for target innovation area including emerging technologies, competitive intelligence, innovation gaps and unmet needs
- Develop and maintain a robust understanding of consumer needs within a focus area.
- Collaborate in the creation of concepts and translate these concepts into prototypes within the R&D laboratory or by means of leveraging a CMO.
- Work iteratively to optimize prototypes, within the needed timing and cost parameters, to create a commercializable product or service.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS degree with 10 years of relevant experience (Chemistry, Pharmacy, Engineering)
- Experience managing external partnerships and relationships with academic or scientific organizations
- Experience in Consumer Healthcare Product Development
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters Degree or Doctorate in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Engineering
- MS degree with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience in Consumer Healthcare Product Development
- PhD degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Combination of Technical and Business knowledge to interact effectively with Commercial and Insights colleagues
- Excellent communication & influencing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to progress work in highly uncertain environments with limited direct resources
- Emotionally agile and able to rapidly change direction and let the consumer drive prototype development
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
As GSK Focuses On Our Values And Expectations And a Culture Of Innovation, Performance, And Trust, The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate The Following Capabilities
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
If interested, please apply here.