Are you interested in learning about social impact, innovation or entrepreneurship? Founded in 2009 Village Capital finds, trains and supports entrepreneurs solving problems important to society, builds equitable entrepreneurship ecosystems, and shares what we’re learning about emerging innovation to help guide leaders in business, finance, and policy. In the past decade, we’ve supported more than 1,000 entrepreneurs and facilitated invested in more than 100 graduates of our programs.
Village Capital is seeking a motivated, DC-based intern to support its US Ventures Team.
The intern(s) will assist with support activities for our programming supporting early-stage startups working on issues related to Financial Health & the Future of Work. This may entail database management, conducting industry research, supporting the application and cohort selection processes, and logistics and event support for related programming.
US Ventures Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Perform research and analysis in support of operations
- Research and generate lists of potential mentors
- Manage mentor and investor database
- Provide input on program applications
- May perform additional projects upon request
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Meaningful work on challenging and engaging project(s) with positive societal benefit.
- Opportunity to participate in team meetings and social impact events
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities
- Exposure to entrepreneurship, startup accelerator programming and impact investing concepts.
If interested, please apply here.