Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages approximately $45 billion in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified Below Are Core Values The Firm Holds In High Regard And Believes Are Critical For High-performing Teams At Sands Capital
- Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
Position Summary / Primary Responsibilities
The Sands Capital Ventures (SCV) Intern will participate in an internship program assisting the SCV team with all aspects of the venture investing process. Examples include: thesis development and sourcing, deal tracking and monitoring, diligence, investment memo preparation and deal execution. The Intern will be expected to conduct market and technical research, identify promising companies, and assist with ad-hoc projects. The Intern will also complete a thesis development project working closely with a senior investor to develop SCV’s market view on a promising area of investment. The Intern will be expected to be a self-started with a deep interest in the life sciences, startups and venture capital. This internship will end on or around May 31, 2020 or at another time as determined by Sands Capital and/or the intern.
Skills And Qualifications
- Undergraduate or graduate students in the biological sciences, engineering, or other relevant fields; hands-on research experience is desirable
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in business analysis and investment research
- Strong communication skills
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial modeling
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to complete assignments on time with limited supervision
If interested, please apply here.