Greenspring Associates, a venture capital platform with $10B under management, invests in established and emerging venture capital fund managers, in expansion stage venture-backed companies and in secondary investments in venture capital funds and companies. Originally founded in 2000, the Firm now has over 100 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland and Palo Alto, California.
We are currently hiring an intern to work with our Portfolio Impact team. This team is focuses on supporting Greenspring’s portfolio companies as well as the venture capital firms in which Greenspring has invested. This support mostly consists of connections to potential customers, strategic partners, service providers, executive talent, and investors.
Please note that this internship will take place remotely for the 2020 academic year.
- Conduct research on various sectors and sub-sectors within venture capital
- Collaborate with the Portfolio Impact leadership to proactively identify startups relevant to Greenspring’s key corporate partners
- Participate in pitch meetings with entrepreneurs and work and help to identify relevant investors
- Produce content to help elevate Greenspring’s brand and engage with key constituencies
- Help the team maintain CRM and other relevant data sources
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program, majoring in an applicable field of study
- History of excellent academic performance
- Desire to learn about and gain exposure to the venture capital industry
- Able to understand, evaluate and articulate motivations and organizational dynamics
- Analytical and able to make decisions using sound judgment, strong appreciation for data
- Results-oriented: tenacious and fast-moving finisher
- Ultimate team player: collaborative, supportive, and flexible
If interested, please apply here.