In-Q-Tel’s International Team (IQTI) is seeking an intern to provide support throughout the pre-deal process and to led analytical projects that will shape the team’s future strategic efforts. This experience will provide insights to global investment trends and best practices, exposure to emerging technologies from around the world, and the opportunity to support national security communities. In this position you will learn about and participate in IQT’s pre-deal investment process to include participating in meetings with prospective Portfolio Companies, strengthening Venture Capital partnerships, and assisting in the creation of deal documents. The team is seeking an intern who is eager to analyze global trends and our work to date, to help drive strategic initiatives in support of increasing In-Q-Tel’s global value. This position is based in Arlington, VA, but virtual support to our UK and Australia offices is expected.
- Conduct diligence activities and assist with the preparation of pre-deal investment products
- Participate in meetings with prospective Companies to learn more about the Company and its technology offering(s)
- Lead analytical efforts (see anticipated projects below)
- Research emerging technology areas and apply that information to diligence documents and analytical analyses
- Analysis of global trends related to venture capitalism and emerging technology
- Analysis of the team’s investments to date to help develop a strategy for the team’s future investment focus areas and strategic initiatives
- Ideally pursing a graduate degree in Business, International Operations or a related field
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Positive, self-starter attitude
- Ideally has some prior experience (or at least strong coursework) related to investing, venture capitalism and/or entrepreneurship
- Interest in startups, innovative technology, and national security
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in a “people-focused” role
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to exercise flexibility and good judgment in complex situations
If interested, please apply here.