The Score 3 Venture Fellowship is an immersive experience offering Women, People of Color and members of the LGBTQ community access to participate in the work of an angel group or venture firm.
Our goal is to help align firms within our Venture Network with Fellows who shall take a lead in identifying the often unrealized opportunity that exists amongst diverse founders and their communities; furthermore, to provide practical experience, strategic relationships, and a pathway to a career in Venture.
KNOWLEDGE. SOCIAL CAPITAL. PEER SUPPORT. The Score 3 Fellowship is a volunteer opportunity offering real venture capital experience through all phases of the investment lifecycle.
Score 3 Fellows:
- Interact with industry experts and cultivate a network of peers, mentors and business partners.
- Source high-growth tech startups, manage deal-flow and engage with Score 3 subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with experienced and budding entrepreneurs in the investment industry and gain access to valuable knowledge and insights.
Ultimately, society wins.
When the investment industry becomes more diverse, future investments will be made in more diverse founders. Score 3 strives to create financial and social equity through early-stage investing.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE FELLOWSHIP Score 3 believes in a “Reciprocity Model” that gives out just as it demands. Much will be expected of you, but you can also expect a lot of valuable experience! Score 3 will offer support to ensure continued academic and professional success throughout the Fellowship.
Fellowship commitment and activities:
- Complete a comprehensive Venture Curriculum to prepare you for Venture Capital
- Source and manage deal flow
- Participate in Monthly modules to hone skills relevant to VC
- Attend start-up and venture events on behalf of your assigned firm to meet and evaluate startup teams
- Coach startups and connect them to appropriate Subject Matter Experts
Requirements for all Candidates:
- Be a Person of Color, a Woman, or a LGBTQ person. We are bringing talented, diverse innovators to the table.
– Have tremendous drive and hustle – we want to know you have what it takes!
- Have a desire to work in the VC/PE industry after graduation
- Be a current MBA student, or enrolled in an advanced degree program with a strong interest in VC/PE
- Be willing to learn!
- Have a passion for startups and venture.
- Have a strong desire to help others
- Be a U.S. Citizen or possess a permanent U.S. work visa.
If interested, please apply here.