SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP NS2 Strategic Investments Director-Herndon-20171
SAP is the global market leader for business software and related services, and SAP National Security Services Inc.® (SAP NS2®) is an independent U.S. subsidiary, offering SAP solutions with specialized levels of security and support to meet the requirements of U.S. national security and critical infrastructure customers.
Must be a U.S. Person; NS2 does not offer Visa sponsorships for this role
All internals must have manager’s approval to transfer
Position Summary: This position will play a key role in executing SAP NS2’s Strategic Investment and Go-To-Market strategy. This position will report to VP Strategic Investments and will be responsible for supporting corporate venture investment and acquisition activity across the deal lifecycle including sourcing, execution, partnership development and integration. This role provides an opportunity to significantly impact the organization through both Corporate Venture investing and M&A ultimately with the aim of taking new solution offerings to NS2 and SAP markets. This position will gain significant senior executive exposure.
- Identify, source and develop investment and acquisition opportunities consistent with NS2’s strategic objectives
- Drive day-to-day execution of investment and acquisition processes, including management of cross-functional teams, from valuation to due diligence through closing and post deal integration
- Lead and collaborate on business case development across the organization; support board communication and approval activities
- Develop and support investment partnership and/or joint ‘Go-to-Market’ planning
- Partner across the organization on strategy development to identify and prioritize strategic gaps, help evaluate build/buy/partner options and collaborate on target selection criteria
- Identify and educate other executives on new, innovative technology trends and markets, and recommend high-potential investments
- Monitor and help drive post-acquisition and investment performance; track key deal metrics
- Develop and monitor pipeline development, metrics and scorecard
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- MBA, CPA or JD Preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in investment banking, venture capital, consulting, or corporate development roles. Candidate ideally possesses vertical domain knowledge in supporting customers in the national security and/or other regulated industries and has experience in the cyber and data analytic software markets.
- Experience identifying and negotiating strategic deals
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Exceptional strategic, analytical, communication, leadership and problem solving skills; must be comfortable presenting to large audiences, senior executives and board members
- Technical experience or education also a plus
- Driven, self-starter with a passion for excellence
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
If interested, please apply here.