Quona was established in 2015 and today operates with USD 250 million in assets under management (AUM), 25+ investments across three portfolios, and a global team operating in Washington, DC and the markets in which we invest.
To learn more, check out our portfolio companies and meet the team at http://www.quona.com.
We are looking for a high-performing pre-MBA Investment Associate to join Quona’s Latin America team to help identify and evaluate early-stage investments in world-class fintech startups. The role is based out of Washington, DC, with frequent travel to Brazil, Mexico and other Latin American countries.
- Source and evaluate investment opportunities, building a strong network within the fintech space.
- Directly support senior investment team members to conduct business, financial, and technology due diligence, progressing deals from first meeting to close.
- Analyze investments producing clear and concise investment theses and memoranda.
- Develop financial models and company valuation analyses.
- Conduct thematic research and competitive deep dives within fintech sub-sectors.
- Become a specialist over time in several verticals within the fintech space to understand trends and inform investment opportunities.
- Support portfolio companies and management teams on short-term operational projects as well as long-term decision-making.
- Assist with quarterly reporting of portfolio performance and development of other LP-facing collateral.
- Enthusiasm for technology, entrepreneurship, and financial inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier institution with excellent academic performance.
- 1-3 years experience in banking, consulting, or principal investing, preferably focused on financial services; and/or technology/operations/product experience at a fintech company.
- Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Excellent written English and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team that is geographically dispersed.
- Domain expertise in financial services/technology.
- Experience evaluating investment opportunities – ability to quickly identify and analyze the key questions, risks or upsides to an investment.
- Existing network or work experience in startup/venture ecosystems in Latin America.
- Spanish/Portuguese language skills strongly preferred, in addition to fluent English.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health and dependent-care FSAs
- Unlimited vacation time
- Paid sick leave
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Phone reimbursement
- Discount programs
If interested, please apply here.