Quona Capital, a venture capital firm focused on fintech for inclusion, is currently recruiting for a dynamic and energetic Investment Associate to support Quona’s Africa investment team. The Associate will function as an integral part of our team and will work closely with our Africa-focused partners on a variety of investment tasks, including sourcing new deals and supporting existing deals in our markets in Sub-Saharan Africa.
As a team, we have decades of investing and operational experience in fintech and emerging markets, enabling us to leverage unparalleled knowledge and networks for our portfolio. This role will provide the Investment Associate the opportunity to contribute to this team, get hands-on experience in investing in innovative and impactful fintech across the globe, and gain significant venture capital investment experience in emerging markets.
**Location flexible between: Washington, DC; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Cape Town, South Africa
** Do not apply via LinkedIn** – To apply, please submit a resume AND cover letter to HR@quona.com with the subject “Africa Investment Associate_[Your Name]”
What you’ll do:
- Scout and source deals, in coordination with deal teams
- Map market trends + track companies in key sectors
- Prepare investment memoranda for Quona’s partners and the investment committee, including financial projections, sensitivity analyses and valuations
- Lead due diligence and execution of investments
- Monitor + contribute to portfolio company performance
- Represent Quona at networking events, conferences and speaking engagements – reporting back insights gleaned
- Assist in the preparation of fund investor reports
- Contribute to Quona’s thought leadership – sharing insights, writing thought pieces, building company brand
- Support the operational needs of the fund on an as-needed basis
What we think you’ll need to do it:
- Min 2-4 years of full-time work experience in consulting, PE/VC, investment banking, or startup experience
- Undergraduate/graduate degree
- Experience in technology and/or financial services preferred
- Deep analytical horse power, including strong modeling skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Fluent English skills and additional foreign language skills (oral and written) preferred
- International work experience and intercultural communication skills; high EQ
- A strong work ethic, an ability to work independently, excellent organizational, planning and project management skills, and an ability to execute effectively
- Positive personality and strong motivation to support Quona’s mission and desire to be part of hardworking, fun-loving and passionate team
- An ability to travel up to 40% of the time
Quona Capital is the first global venture firm focused on fintech for inclusive finance in emerging markets. We believe that technology has the power to radically improve the quality, access and affordability of financial services for underserved consumers and businesses. We target specific markets in Latin America, Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa, and leverage a strategic relationship with Accion, a global leader in financial inclusion. The financial inclusion funds that Quona’s manages are backed by marquee institutions, including global investment banks, international insurance companies, US asset managers, foundations and family offices. With over $250 million under management, Quona combines money and meaning, investing in companies with the mission to generate an attractive return on investment and to change the world for the better.
If interested, please apply here.