JPMorgan Chase recently launched Morgan Health, a new business unit focused on improving employer sponsored healthcare in the United States. This business unit will accelerate health system improvement by investing $250 million of JPMC capital to accelerate the growth of early and mid-stage healthcare companies and explore opportunities to co-invest with health plans or integrated provider organizations. In collaboration with the JPMC Benefits team, this team will also identify and vet opportunities to improve healthcare for JPMC employees and their families. Finally, Morgan Health will focus on health equity within the firm’s employee base as well as within the communities it serves.
Morgan Health is seeking an experienced investment banker or venture capital professional who is eager to leverage their financial acumen to drive improvement in employer-sponsored healthcare.
The candidate will play a critical role in building out our investing franchise through formulating the strategy for the group, navigating internal approval processes, and working across the organization to originate, structure, execute, and manage equity investments.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate to
- Gain hands-on transactional experience
- Develop deep expertise in a variety of healthcare subject matter areas and functions
- Work in a high-profile, fast-paced start-up environment within JPMC
- Apprentice under Morgan Health leaders
The ideal candidate will be able to manage and execute the following responsibilities:
- Help drive transaction origination, structuring, execution, and portfolio management
- Represent the bank in meetings with companies to evaluate investment opportunities
- Conduct detailed due diligence, risk assessments, and review of legal documentation
- Perform comprehensive valuation and business model analyses
- Prepare investment memoranda and related documentation to support investment decision-making
- Develop relationships with founders and other impact investors to identify investment opportunities
- Run portfolio management process including tracking valuation and portfolio company progress
- A demonstrated passion for healthcare
- Excellent financial modeling, valuation, and analytical skills
- Ability to independently formulate business strategy, construct compelling narratives, and present to senior executives
- Act with urgency, initiative, and ownership to drive results
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization
- 1-3 years of experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Investment banking (M&A, coverage, capital markets, equity research)
- Investing at venture capital or growth equity funds
- Consulting at a leading management consulting firm
- B.A. required with an excellent academic track record (advanced degree a plus)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
If interested, please apply here.