GIF seeks to hire an Associate based in GIF’s Washington D.C. or London office to join the Investment team. The Associate, as a core member of the Investment team, will be involved in building a pipeline of potential investments, their evaluation, supporting management of deals in the portfolio, relationships with investees and external partners. The Associate will report to the Managing Director, or her designee, who will oversee his or her work. The Associate will be primarily focused on risk capital investments and will be asked to support grant investments contributing relevant technical and industry knowledge and insight.
- Proven experience in principal investing in venture capital or private equity
- Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills
- Proven understanding of business models, with exposure to social entrepreneurship models as a plus.
- Education in related areas such as business, economics, engineering, agronomy and/or work experience in the areas like technology applications, data analytics, machine learning, agriculture a strong plus
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, and outstanding organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to synthesize complex ideas and clearly present recommendations
- Superior problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Self-initiator, with ability to work and succeed in a fast-paced, small entity environment
- Ability to travel internationally, including to developing countries
- A strong commitment to GIF’s mission and evidence of engagement in the areas of social innovation and international development
- Ability to interact effectively and harmoniously with others
- A commitment and passion to learn and develop
- Resilience, grit and determination to succeed
- Passion, humility, integrity, team player, and a spirited sense of humor
- Desirable – Work experience in a developing country context with a local company, investment firm or start-up.
- Desirable – Ideally institutional level work experience either with an investment firm, management consultancy, or multinational corporation.
- Desirable – Advanced degree in a relevant subject
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a core member of the Investment team, responsibilities will include:
GIF is a dynamic and rapidly growing organization; the Associate will be expected to adapt quickly to the needs of the organization and could have a range of other duties as assigned.
If interested, please apply here.