The Center for Innovative Technology (CIT), a nonprofit corporation, grows and diversifies Virginia’s economy by accelerating next generation technologies and technology companies through commercialization, capital formation, and market development initiatives. CIT concentrates on the early commercialization and seed funding stages of innovation, helping innovators and technology entrepreneurs launch and grow new companies and create high paying jobs.
CIT is seeking a full-time Investment Associate to support the CIT GAP Funds team. The ideal candidate will be located in Northern Virginia or near CIT’s Richmond, Virginia headquarters. This exempt position reports to the Vice President, Investments and Managing Director, CIT GAP Funds and will play an integral role within the CIT GAP Funds team to achieve the organization’s strategic goals.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is a list of functions essential to the performance of this job. It is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
The Investment Associate is responsible for supporting sourcing and due diligence activities for candidate CIT investments, deal closures, and portfolio management activities under the guidance of senior members of the CIT GAP Funds Investment Team and Manager of Portfolio Analysis. Additionally, this position is responsible for supporting selected fund management activities including portfolio company education, maintenance of CIT GAP Funds records and support for quarterly reporting activities, and corporate and marketing activities as assigned.
DEAL SOURCING AND DUE DILIGENCE SUPPORT
- Subject to direction of senior members of the CIT GAP Funds Investment Team, develop and maintain selected relationships within Virginia’s entrepreneurial community in order to identify leads for CIT GAP Funds.
- Support and lead initial screening efforts of potential CIT GAP Fund investments.
- Support due diligence and closure of potential CIT GAP Funds and third-party investment through including assessment of finances, target markets, technology and prospective fit for downstream venture investment.
- Support senior members of the CIT GAP Funds Investment Team in closure of transactions as assigned.
FUND MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
- Assist senior members of the CIT GAP Funds Investment Team in their capacity as board observers monitoring portfolio company performance.
- Provide leadership and support for CIT GAP Funds education initiatives including periodic seminars for portfolio CEOs.
- Help maintain corporate record of all CIT GAP Funds investment activity, including deal flow records, periodic portfolio company reports and investment documentation.
- Support Manager of Portfolio Analysis in entry and maintenance of accurate CIT GAP Funds investment information on relevant in-house and third-party software platforms and other duties as assigned.
- Support development of CIT GAP Funds Quarterly Report and associated executive briefings as well as reports.
CIT GAP FUNDS MARKETING AND OUTREACH
- Assist in positioning CIT GAP Funds in maximizing achieving thought leadership objectives through support and leadership of selected marketing and outreach activities.
- Represent CIT GAP Funds at industry events as assigned.
- Support research of venture capital and angel trends in the Commonwealth of Virginia as assigned.
Background and Qualifications
B.A./B.S. (minimum qualification). Preference for background in a STEM field with exposure and strong interest in entrepreneurship and/or general business or finance. MS Office a must. Analytic and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely in spoken and written communication required. Demonstrated passion for entrepreneurship and early stage company financing. Experience in cap table interpretation and analysis desirable. Ability to work independently while being a strong team player is essential.
The Center for Innovative Technology is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in hiring, promotion, or other employment decisions based on race, sex, color, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities or benefits. At any time, a qualified applicant or employee may request provision of a reasonable accommodation. Any applicants will not be excluded from a job if his or her disability impairs his or her ability to perform a non-essential aspect of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
If interested, please apply here.