Walton Enterprises is seeking a qualified Private Investment Analyst to join the Walton Investment Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a growing investment office managing family investments and foundation assets with a focus on venture capital, growth equity, buyouts, real estate and other private investment strategies.
About the team
Walton Investment Team is a dynamic team that specializes in managing family investments and foundation assets. Our talented team is currently comprised of eleven individuals with an office located in Washington, DC. We work cohesively as a team to develop and implement strategies for our clients. We are seeking to expand and grow our team with skillful and qualified talent.
What you will do
- Contribute to the research and decision-making process behind private investment asset allocation, private fund manager sourcing, due diligence, fund commitments, and investment monitoring
- Support in the creation of diligence research reports and client deliverables
- Review performance and holdings of existing portfolio managers
- Provide general support to the entire private investment process
Who we are looking for
You will need self-direction and decisiveness, combined with flexibility and a capacity to give and receive feedback graciously. You possess superior analytical skills and a proven ability to be an effective team member. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start or expand their career. The ideal candidate will be someone who has completed an Investment Analyst internship or 1-2 years of work experience within the field. A previous focus on private investment funds, co-investments or private direct deals is preferred.
Basic qualifications required for this role
- Bachelors’ degree in economics, finance, or related field
- Up to 2 years of work experience preferred
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Characteristics needed to support your success
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing and visual organization skills
- Intellectual agility, ability to analyze and think critically
- Problem identification and resolution
- Work independently with moderate to no supervision
- Collaborative teamwork
- Adaptability to a rapidly changing environment, including reprioritization or reassignment of responsibilities
- Interest in investments and capital markets or related quantitative fields
If interested, please apply here.