Are you passionate about helping entrepreneurs solve important problems in the world? Village Capital is the largest organization in the world supporting impact-driven, seed-stage startups. Since 2009 our team has directly worked with more than 1,100 entrepreneurs in 28 countries. Our affiliated fund, VilCap Investments, has invested in 110 startups that have gone on to raise more than $500 million in follow-on capital.
Village Capital is seeking an Investment Analyst to find, support, and invest in the best entrepreneurs solving real-world problems. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You are a self-starter and an insatiable learner. You stay ahead of industry trends. You find yourself reading, thinking, and talking about entrepreneurship and early-stage investing. You will have a lot of freedom to shape this role but that will require a high level of energy and interest in the work.
- You have an investment thesis. You’re obsessed with emerging startups, ways of forecasting founder success, and scenarios that might yield a positive return for investors. You are particularly interested in how entrepreneurs can solve some of the most important problems of our day.
- You’re interested in working with the next generation of entrepreneurs: You look at a startup and think of ways that it might succeed, why it might fail, and how you could plug in a provide support.
- You are a natural connector: You will spend a lot of your time talking with entrepreneurs, entrepreneurial support organizations, and investors. One of your greatest value adds to entrepreneurs will be the people you can connect them with – investors, stakeholders, potential customers.
You’ll be a key member of the Global Ventures, America’s team at Village Capital. You’ll have three specific responsibilities:
1. Find the best entrepreneurs solving real-world problems
- You’ll help our team develop an investment thesis within your target sector, specifically looking at people, places, and ideas where there is market opportunity for growth and impact.
- We talk to hundreds of entrepreneurs, and you’ll help our team develop and curate this pipeline to a small group of the highest-potential companies
- You’ll personally develop relationships with the most promising entrepreneurs as a relationship lead on behalf of Village Capital.
2. Improve entrepreneurs’ ability to succeed
- You’ll play a leading role in developing entrepreneurial potential, serving as a strategic advisor and analyst for a small group of early-stage companies.
- You’ll advise Village Capital’s programming strategy and recruitment with an eye towards market opportunities, corporate innovation trends and investment trends.
- You’ll work with our team to recruit a community of investors and technical mentors that support entrepreneurs and can help these businesses reach scale faster.
- You’ll help companies prepare themselves for securing and effectively utilizing future investments.
3. Program Operations Support
- Recruiting external stakeholders, mentors and investors
- Supporting accelerator program logistics and execution
- Support sector leader with program management and deliverables
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Business, or other relevant fields
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Experience with Financial Analysis, ideally with early-stage companies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications
- Comfort with cold external outreach with entrepreneurs and other external stakeholders.
- Fluency in Excel, PowerPoint, and other tools to both analyze and promote companies
If interested, please apply here.