Route 66 is looking for an Analyst to join our Venture Capital team. Route 66’s two-year program for Analysts provides career beginners with a great opportunity to take on significant responsibility while enjoying a casual (but high-performing) small-team atmosphere. The Analyst will work closely with senior members of the team and focus on fund operations, external communications, research and investment thesis development, deal execution and portfolio management.
We’re looking for high achievers that welcome new challenges, have a passion for the startup ecosystem, and want to have an outsized positive impact on the future of Route 66 Ventures.
Are you a self-starter who has a track record demonstrating:
- grit and superior work ethic,
- an uncompromising attention to detail,
- an innate curiosity and a desire to learn,
- exceptional organizational skills,
- an ability to manage several priorities without shutting down, and
- a real passion for venture capital, startups and technology?
If so, you’ll fit right in at Route 66.
What you’ll do
- Take a major role in portfolio management by overseeing:
- Financial and operational KPI reporting from our portfolio companies,
- Production of portfolio presentations for periodic reviews,
- And internal investment and valuation tracking
- Manage various fund-level operations such as deal tracking and our VC tech stack
- Help put together blog and social media content based on the fund’s investments and market research
- Perform high-quality research and analysis on key market and industry trends
- Assist in deal due diligence
What you’ll need
- Less than three years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier institution with excellent performance
- Intellectual curiosity and a demonstrated passion for the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Positive and proactive attitude toward all assignments
- Strong analytical skills with a working knowledge of corporate finance
- Comfort working independently and in a fast-paced environment
- High IQ and EQ are critical. You have the intellectual horsepower needed to synthesize large amounts of information and distill complex concepts into high-quality deliverables. Your high EQ provides you the proven ability to build strong connections with founders and peers. You have a low ego and are naturally collaborative with well-honed interpersonal skills, poise and presence.
We invest in our people, their careers, their health and well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. We provide competitive base compensation with an attractive bonus structure, fully-paid health care benefits, mental wellness programs, 401(k) savings program with an employer match and a dog-friendly office that is suit and tie free.
Pack your bags, let’s go
If interested, please apply here.