Greenspring Associates is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing over $12 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The Firm has over 100 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland, Palo Alto, California and London, England.
Greenspring Associates was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments and secondary market positions through its fund vehicles.
We are currently seeking a Portfolio Impact Analyst to join our team. The Portfolio Impact team is fully dedicated to supporting the companies as well as the venture capital firms in which Greenspring is invested, primarily by facilitating valuable connections to potential customers, strategic partners, service providers, executive talent and investors.
- Source, curate, introduce and connect partners and portfolio companies to the Greenspring network through introductions, meetings, corporate briefings, events, and conferences
- Produce high-quality market analysis of emerging trends in technology and share insights with external parties
- Research IT trends relevant to Greenspring’s corporate partners and prepare thoughtful recommendations of relevant startups
- Proactively scout and evaluate early-stage technology companies to determine fit with Greenspring’s network for venture managers
- Engage with talented executives seeking jobs with Greenspring portfolio companies and facilitate introductions as appropriate
- Organize events that help connect startups and interested parties, such as our annual CIO Tech Days
- Log team interactions in customer relationship management software (CRM) and oversee other operational components of the Portfolio Impact program
- Liaise with the investment team to ensure close coordination between Investment Team and Portfolio Impact team
- Participate in other strategic initiatives as necessary
- Compelling and charismatic communicator, who is comfortable interfacing with senior executives from portfolio companies and members of Greenspring’s corporate network
- Strong understanding of and interest in technology and venture ecosystem; pays close attention to technology trends and can articulate prospective long-term implications for the industry
- Strong sense of empathy for industry executives and portfolio companies – able to distill what is most important for either side of an engagement and find ways to satisfy everyone’s interests
- Run simultaneous engagements and processes, across the entire portfolio, with a balance of responsiveness and thoughtfulness
- Comfortable working in a remote environment and working independently
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Minimum one year of full-time work experience
Greenspring Associates salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, EAP, Company Paid Mental Health Wellness Program)
- 401K with 100 % company match
- 20 Personal Time off days
- Student Loan Debt Repayment Program
- Flexible / Remote Working Environment
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Greenspring Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don’t see a job that is right for you? Please e-mail Robyn Schuerholz and tell us why you would be a great addition to our team.
If interested, please apply here.