Decisive Point is a boutique venture advisory and investment firm focused on dual-use, emerging defense and national security technologies. Decisive Point Advisors partners with early-stage companies and helps them effectively navigate the US Government Acquisition system to support their growth with non-dilutive capital. With domain expertise in federal acquisitions and national security, Decisive Point is a mission-driven firm focused on getting the best technology to the warfighter, faster.
Job Description: In this role you will work with Decisive Point’s team of venture advisors in direct support of early-stage start-ups, conduct market research on DoD programs, and create proposals for federal government contracting opportunities. You will assist Decisive Point’s portfolio of small businesses in developing and submitting contract proposals the Federal Government and other relevant opportunities. This role sits at the intersection of government and technology, allowing you to gain valuable exposure to both the federal market and early-stage start-up ecosystems. Travel for this position is estimated to be less than 10%.
- Conduct market research to identify contracting opportunities that fit Decisive Point client capabilities
- Prepare responses / proposals to federal government contracting opportunities
- Engage directly with start-ups and government end-users to better understand a technology’s product-market fit
- Create proposal narratives and supporting documentation that connect DoD capability gaps to emerging technology applications
- Optimize proposal process with an eye towards constant improvement
- Create and curate relevant content for informing startups on best practices for rapid acquisitions
- Excellent writer that is able to generate concise summaries of highly technical subject matter
- Effective communicator capable of creating highly polished presentations and research summaries
- Translate complex technical capabilities and benefits into clear and consistent messaging for non-technical decision makers
- Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires others, and works with integrity
- Mission-driven to get the best capabilities to our warfighters, faster
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and MS Power Point
- Self-starter that is highly motivated and eager to contribute to the success of the team
- Passion for emerging technology, ventures, and national security
- Competitive salary
- Wellness plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Fast-paced, fun work environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org