Investment Analysts (IAs) collaborate with Investment Directors to provide investment and capital markets research, analysis and advice to our clients. The position involves quantitative analysis, as well as a strong qualitative component as IAs work to describe market conditions and relay investment recommendations to clients in written reports. In this role, IAs will gain broad exposure to asset classes and investment strategies, while being exposed to clients and deepening their investment knowledge.
Investment Analysts participate in a two-year program with strong performers receiving promotions with the option to stay for an additional one to two years. Beyond that, strong performers interested in continuing their career at Cambridge Associates are encouraged to apply for the Associate Investment Director role.
A Typical Day as an Investment Analyst:
- Work as part of an investment team alongside Investment Directors to assess investment managers’ portfolios and support client requests and questions
- Direct responsibility for 8 to 12 clients
- Gather and evaluate historical asset allocation, spending and performance data
- Prepare exhibits and other presentation documentation
- Comprehensive training program, structured mentorship, and continuing education opportunities including support for the CFA, CAIA, and other professional designations
- Team-based work structure, which supports an environment where immediate contributions can be made and ongoing learning is encouraged and fostered through interactions with experienced industry professionals
- Ability to attend meetings with clients and top-tier investment managers; broad exposure to asset classes
- Opportunity to join peer-led auxiliary teams to strengthen project management and leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree (all majors) with a record of high academic achievement, 3.3 GPA minimum
- Excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Demonstrated interest in investments and the capital markets or related quantitative fields
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship or restriction now or in the future
CAMBRIDGE ASSOCIATES’ ROLE IN THE INVESTMENT INDUSTRY
Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm and aims to help endowments & foundations, pension plans, and high net worth private clients implement and manage custom investment portfolios that generate outperformance and enable them to maximize their impact on the world. We deliver a range of portfolio management services, including outsourced CIO, non-discretionary portfolio management, investment staff extension, and asset class mandates.
Our work helps our clients do good in the world, and we embrace the opportunity to contribute to their positive impact.
Cambridge Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work and result in a more satisfying client experience.
If interested, please apply here.