C5 Capital is a mid- to late- stage venture investment fund focused on nurturing the secure data ecosystem, by investing in companies focused on the cyber security, cloud infrastructure and applied data analytics markets. We invest in fast-growing companies in North America, UK and Europe, and Israel that are raising venture capital to substantially grow their business.
Our investments generally range from US$5 million to US$20 million per company over the life of the investment, resulting in influential minority ownership stakes and C5 Capital having a role on the company’s board of directors.
C5 is seeking to fill a venture capital analyst role for its Washington DC office. This is a new position to fulfill the needs for our expanding investment portfolio in the US. This candidate will work primarily with our US-based team to assist us in finding, investigating, and analyzing potential investments in the US and other locations as required.
C5 offers a generous compensation package including competitive base salary, incentive compensation, and retirement matching.
The venture capital analyst is responsible for providing support to the team in all aspects of potential and active investments. Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in investigation and due diligence on potential investments, including market research and analysis, review of technology, industry trends, clinical and regulatory due diligence, and managing reference calls.
- Analyzing company financials, building alternative financial models, creating pro-forma cap tables, conducting valuation analysis, and performing exit scenarios and waterfall analysis.
- Assisting in drafting and presenting investment memos and additional written materials including portfolio reviews and operational updates.
- Assisting with monitoring portfolio companies, valuation analysis, internal reporting, and compliance requirements.
- Assisting with researching and formulating investment themes and researched-based insight into the investment landscape.
- Tracking industry statistics and maintaining internal databases and including deal flow KPIs and portfolio operating metrics.
- Tracking deal progress and managing deal updates and contacts in CRM or other systems.
- Assisting in and executing on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions.
Required Experience and Skills
- Two+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following venture capital, investment banking, corporate venture capital, private equity, similar investing experience.
- Proven experience in company financial analysis and venture modeling.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to work in a dynamic team environment, express opinions in verbal and written form
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Strong accounting skills and ability to analyze financial statements
- Skills in financial modeling (e.g., analyze financial statements, create financial models, private capital valuation methodologies)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Familiarity with evaluating and executing transactions related to private equity, venture capital, or credit related products.
- Hands on experience in working with technologies in C5 Capital’s target sectors
- Experience in strategy consulting
- Passion for, knowledge of, and experience with technology with specific domain expertise in Cloud-based applications, cyber security, cloud infrastructure, and data analytics.
- Strong integrity, work ethic, and a team player.
- Undergraduate degree in technical field (computer science, engineering, cyber security or similar).
- Graduate level degree (e.g., MBA, MA, or other) preferred
- Ability to work independently or in teams and thrive in a fast paced, loosely-structured, entrepreneurial environment.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via LinkedIn or submit via email to email@example.com.