The Analyst, Investments will serve an integral role supporting BMC’s efforts to grow cash flow and enhance the value of the fund through strategic acquisitions, dispositions, joint-venture investments, operational improvements, and capital projects with a positive ROI. Additionally, the position will support internal and external reporting requirements, annual budgeting, and other ad hoc projects. The successful candidate will have a solid foundational knowledge of real estate valuation, strong work ethic, the desire to achieve results, and the ability to thrive in a team environment. He or she will gain exposure to both acquisitions and asset management across various asset types, including office, land, industrial and multifamily deals. The Analyst, Investments will report to the Senior Financial Analyst and will be encouraged to build relationships across the company and the industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform and take ownership of various analyses, studies and underwriting related to value-enhancement initiatives.
- Prepare various quarterly and annual reports for internal and external use.
- Assist managers with annual budgeting, including revenue assumptions and expense analysis.
- Monitor actual operations throughout the year compared to annual budgets.
- Identify opportunities to enhance fund performance and value.
- Assist with due diligence/disposition/financing efforts (as applicable) when the firm is moving towards closing a transaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS preferably in Finance or Real Estate
- 2 years of related real estate modeling experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel
- Proficient in Argus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to excel in both a team setting and on individual assignments
- Strong and succinct verbal and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt to changing assignments in a collaborative team environment
- Must be responsive and meet deadlines
If interested, please apply here.