The Stand Together Venture Lab is a unique group focused on accelerating Stand Together’s impact through bold innovations that deliver 100x and beyond transformation. We bring together rising leaders in business, technology, and culture to source, incubate and scale 100x solutions that enable people to unleash their full potential.
We are looking at early stage ventures (pre-seed to Series A/B) that can disruptively change society. We are not interested in incremental ideas. We seek bold solutions that will transform lives of millions and society at-large across key issues such as Poverty, Criminal Justice Reform, Foundational / Post-Secondary Education, Immigration and more.
Our goal is to bring our unique set of capabilities to actively support our ventures. Our Market-Based Management® philosophy creates an environment that prioritizes integrity and compliance, fosters professional growth, and rewards our employees for the value they create.
As a Senior Investment Analyst on the Venture Labs team, you’ll work manage a portfolio of investments. You will identify and analyze opportunities to invest in with our for-profit and non-profit partners. We are redefining the way that social change happens by identifying and supporting entrepreneurs and solutions that help people in transform their lives. We need you to help us do this effectively.
You will bring your experience to partner with our origination and portfolio management teams as they originate and scale investments. You will be responsible for driving actionable recommendations based on professional-level financial modeling and risk analysis that will help us make better decisions in how we partner and invest effectively with our partners. The Senior Investment Analyst plays a critical role in helping Stand Together be the preferred partner of ventures seeking external partners to accelerate their growth and impact on society.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Identify high-performing investment opportunities
- Initiate prospecting activities and cultivate relationships through introductory calls, and face to face meetings, undertaking an elevated level of travel as necessary
- Drive research activity, including market landscape and portfolio analysis to support prospecting & investment strategies
- Support formulation of clear and concise investment recommendations for Stand Together Venture Investment Committee and Investment Board
- Build, catalog and help grow a pipeline of opportunities
- Act as the “deal quarterback” – coordinating necessary activities to shepherd an investment through due diligence, approval, and negotiation with exec oversight
- Support portfolio management of investments, including scoping and delivering consulting-like projects, as needed
- Share knowledge and collaborate across teams to make investment recommendations
- Articulate Stand Together’s vision, mission, and values in all communications
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Understanding and passion for partnering with social entrepreneurs to tackle some of the nation’s biggest challenges, giving every person an opportunity to realize their full potential
- 5+ years’ experience in venture capital, investment banking or top tier management consulting
- Proven track record demonstrating excellent judgment and an innovative, pro-active problem-solving ability
- Willingness to undertake a heavy travel schedule
- High level of humility and integrity
- Ability to drive multiple concurrent projects to completion
- Adaptable to changing circumstances
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, and a high sense of urgency
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Supervisory experience
- MBA with social entrepreneurship / finance concentration
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation’s biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
If interested, please apply here.