Sands Capital Ventures is seeking a motivated Sr. Associate / Associate to support the technology sector investment team. Candidate should be a motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who works on their own initiative with light supervision, positive, high-energy and capable of easily interacting with colleagues and senior management.
This individual will function as an integral member of the Sands Capital Ventures team and will support an experienced team of investment professionals in finding, assessing, and investing in leading startups in the tech industry. The Sr. Associate / Associate should be flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business as required.
Specific duties will include:
- Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening, including calls and meets with prospects
- Summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM
- Build financial and market models
- Perform due diligence
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts
- Research and talk to existing references and customers of the target company
- Research potential competitors to the target company
- Research and talk with technical/business consultants to evaluate the target company’s technology including IPs
- Conduct background checks on the current management of the target company
- Perform valuation analysis via modelling
- Prepare internal investment memos
- Network with peers in other venture capital firms
As part of the investment process, this position will have the opportunity to meet with executives from leading companies, interview industry experts, attend industry conferences, and visit portfolio companies. The Sr. Associate / Associate will, based on performance, have the opportunity to take on greater responsibilities over time. Salary and title will be dependent upon level of experience.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. or B.A. degree; MBA or technical degree or in computer science/engineering preferred but not required
- 2-5 years of relevant working experience
- Financial modeling skills; proficient in analyzing financial statements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Personal qualities include:
- a genuine and demonstrable interest in venture capital and technology
- a team player with high energy and exceptional work ethic
- the ability to work proactively and independently to drive tasks to conclusion
- the ability to work professionally with portfolio company CEOs and other senior stakeholders/investors
- Ideal candidates will have previous experience in venture capital or in investment banking / consulting with a focus on technology. Candidates with experience at a startup or in a product management role are also encouraged to apply.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position and why you want to work at Sands Capital Ventures.
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital Management’s Careers page at: http://sandscapital.com/careers/.
If interested, please apply here.