New Markets Venture Partners is a leading early- and growth-stage venture capital firm that invests in and helps build transformational education, information technology and business services companies.
We are looking for an exceptional person who has a combination of the hard skills to execute without tremendous oversight, the maturity and humility to ask questions and the intellectual curiosity to find the best possible investments.
The ideal candidate for this position will work closely with the firm’s partners to assist with new investment activities, portfolio valuations and monitoring, LP reporting, and fundraising.
· Manage deal flow database, screen initial deals, and schedule and attend company presentation meetings.
· Build financial projection models, research industry dynamics, manage due diligence and write investment memos for potential investments.
· Collect and analyze monthly financials from portfolio companies.
· Assist in quarterly valuation process including constructing waterfalls from transaction documents.
· Manage and contribute to quarterly limited partner reporting by aggregating and organizing quantitative and qualitative updates from portfolio companies.
· Collaborate with partners on strategies to elevate internal systems and processes for valuations and reporting in addition to evaluating and suggesting improvements to portfolio companies’ reporting packages (both financial and impact).
· Manage fundraising database, develop collateral materials, schedule meetings and follow up with diligence materials.
· 2 – 6 years of professional experience in a transaction advisory services practice or valuation group at a nationally recognized public accounting or consulting firm, or private equity investment manager.
· Excellent record of academic achievement with an accounting and/or finance degree from a leading university. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree, CPA or CFA preferred.
· Deep understanding of accounting principles and finance concepts.
· Exceptional analytical, Excel and financial modeling skills.
· Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
· Exceptional design and PowerPoint skills.
· High level of maturity and the ability to work as part of a team, coordinating between different functional areas of the firm.
· High level of organization and attention to detail required.
· Strong work ethic and desire to take initiative and ownership.
If interested, please apply here.