As part of the LMI Ventures and Advanced Analytics team, you will scan, scout, prioritize, and cultivate relationships with key players in the tech startup ecosystem (incl. startups, venture capital firms, private equity firms, accelerators, incubators, etc.) and match innovative startup technologies to Advanced Analytic client use cases. You can expect to work closely with client leaders to define use cases and investment thesis statements; create experiences through technology showcase events; and shape and support the development of prototypes and proofs of concept.
Location will be Austin, TX or Tysons Corner, VA
Specific responsibilities include
- Working closely with domain leadership to align priorities and target use cases of strategic importance to enabling Advanced Analytics.
- Tracking the domain startup and investment landscape, prioritize key players, and curate viable ecosystem partners
- Developing eminence and domain-specific trends briefs and perspectives on market activity that can be shared with leadership and clients
- Supporting relationship building efforts with key players
- Sourcing and shaping use cases from domain network and client account teams
- Leading the development and planning for assigned innovation priorities to include investments, partnerships, and technology showcase events
- 8+ years of technology consulting or start-up experience
- Passion for innovation and emerging technology trends along with a firm foundation in the core principles of technology
- Ability to assess technology companies in areas such as: business maturity, product viability, and ease of integration into enterprise or government infrastructure.
- Working knowledge/experience of one of Advanced Analytics domain (e.g. Data Engineering, Data Science, Visualization)
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships (internal and external)
- Proven experience working with domain leadership, excels at networking and supporting the creation of new opportunities and new business relationships
- Ability to synthesize large sets of data and integrate into meaningful reports and recommendations
- Excellent executive communication skills (both verbal and written) including experience developing and delivering executive level presentations, in order to support briefings to executive audience
- Proven ability to perform in a multi-disciplinary team
- Flexibility/adaptability – comfortable working with ambiguity and continually evolving priorities – this is a newly forming capability – an agile mindset is key
- Focus on details and producing high quality work products
- Experience with sensing tools and methods (e.g., CB Insights, Quid, Feedly) is a plus
- Experience with VC/PE/Startup domain is a plus
If interested, please apply here.