The Senior Associate takes responsibility for sourcing high-quality investment opportunities and managing In-Q-Tel’s diligence and outreach processes.
The ideal candidate will bring unmatched enthusiasm for: i) contributing to IQT’s mission; ii) working with technology focused startups; iii) growing a robust professional network.
Deal Sourcing & Relationship Management
- Develop and nurture a strong network of relationships with top-tier venture capitalists at the Partner, Principal, and Senior Associate levels to generate high quality and consistent deal flow for In-Q-Tel.
- Constantly promote the In-Q-Tel brand within the venture community as a high-quality venture capital investor and strategic partner.
- Develop external reputation and credibility within specific technology sectors of focus.
- Maintain broad awareness of venture industry and technology market trends, challenges, and opportunities.
- Directly support strategic investments, taking ownership of key diligence efforts.
- Help guide the activities of legal, finance, technology and administrative resources towards high quality deal preparation and timely execution.
- Build and sustain relationships across other In-Q-Tel groups, based on shared mission objectives and mutual respect.
- Support other Investment Team Members in transaction diligence, related document preparation, and deal execution activities.
- Drive market surveys and global market analysis projects for targeted solution and market sectors.
Portfolio Company Strategy & Support
- Assist portfolio companies in executing against IQT work programs.
- Serve as primary champion and advocate of portfolio companies internally at In-Q-Tel, across the customers we support, and within the broader government community.
- Enthusiasm for the In-Q-Tel mission.
- Passion for the venture capital industry and a desire to become proficient as an investor.
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred, with strong academic performance.
- Superior critical thinking, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work in unstructured environment.
- Prior relevant experience in entrepreneurial, operating, strategic, and/or finance roles.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain US government security clearance at TS-SCI level.
If interested, please apply here.