Paladin Capital Group is a leading global venture capital firm with a multi-stage investment strategy focused on cyber security and digital resilience. Paladin was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices in New York, Silicon Valley, London, and Luxembourg, with over $1.2 billion of committed capital across multiple funds.
Paladin is growing its team by creating a new role for a Senior Associate, Operations to support various workstreams related to the firm’s co-investment practice as well as future venture capital fund vehicles. This individual will interface with senior members of the investment team, capital development, and operations/finance teams to support all phases of capital raise processes, including preparing presentation materials, creation of financial models and analyses, business and market research, organizing data rooms, coordinating due diligence, and assisting in closing processes.
- Prepare presentation materials and detailed information memorandums (slide decks, etc.) on portfolio companies for new and follow-on investments for direct fund and co-investment opportunities
- Support the preparation of presentation and marketing materials for the firm’s new fund vehicles or other products
- Utilize Excel for building financial models, pro forma cap tables based on various financing scenarios, financial return profiles, scenario analyses, and other Excel-based business/financial analyses to support all phases of the investment process
- Collaborating with the investment team, capital development, and others, support the preparation of materials such as institutional due diligence questionnaires and similar requests during the fundraising process
- Build and maintain virtual data rooms to support the due diligence of limited partners related to Paladin funds or co-investment opportunities, compiling internally generated materials, portfolio company materials, market research, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of the market, business, metrics, and prospects of key portfolio companies to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Interface with portfolio companies or other external parties to compile and review due diligence information and support various steps of the investment process
- Prepare and communicate quarterly updates on Paladin’s funds and its portfolio companies
- Support the investment team and interface with the firm’s back office during the legal documentation and closing process
- 2-5 years of experience in relevant fields such as corporate financial planning/analysis, investment banking, private equity/venture capital, or a related field
- Four year degree in finance, economics, or a related field
- Strong business and financial comprehension and analytical capabilities, preferably with prior experience exposure to technology/software
- Intermediate to advanced skills in creating effective visuals and presentation materials with PowerPoint
- Intermediate to advanced financial modeling skills with Excel
- Strong project management skills, highly organized with attention to detail, and highly collaborative
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Paladin Capital Group is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in hiring, promotion, or other employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities or benefits. At any time, a qualified applicant or employee may request provision of a reasonable accommodation. Applicants will not be excluded from a job if his or her disability impairs his or her ability to perform a non-essential aspect of the job.
If interested, please apply here.