Point72 Ventures is a global venture capital firm led by a diverse set of domain experts with the capital to lead rounds through all stages of company growth. We invest primarily in Fintech, AI/ML, and Enterprise technologies. As an independent arm of Point72, the global asset management firm led by Steven Cohen, Point72 Ventures offers well-informed insights into the global economy. Point72 Ventures has offices in New York City, Palo Alto, San Francisco, and Stamford, Connecticut.
About Our AI/ML Team
Our mission is to build the best model-driven businesses. To do this, we make investments in industries where machine learning can be the most transformative. Beyond our initial investments, we give our portfolio companies a meaningful edge by helping them acquire and integrate incumbent businesses in order to enable such transformation. Essential to this approach is our Foundry team of experienced specialists who take an active role to help portfolio companies execute on transformation initiatives while supporting our investment team with research and due diligence.
About This Role
Our AI/ML team is looking for a thoughtful, hard-working Vice President to help source, due diligence, and support early stage investments in world-class, data-driven startups. We are technical investors that like to dive deep on verticals where we believe machine learning can be transformative, and rigorous analysis is core to our strategy. We expect Vice Presidents to thoroughly investigate themes by talking to companies, identifying and engaging with domain experts, performing market analyses, testing assumptions, and providing synthesized findings and recommendations for investment. The first year of this role will be spent supporting a Partner across the full spectrum of Partner responsibilities before graduating to a more autonomous, sourcing-heavy role.
- Supporting a Partner through the following responsibilities:
- Conducting rigorous industry research and developing market maps of relevant startups
- Connecting and conducting calls/meetings with companies to qualify potential investment opportunities
- Performing rigorous due diligence of qualified investment opportunities
- Working with portfolio companies to strengthen their key, strategic development areas
- Various investment and operational tasks
- Strengthening our organizational culture and motivating others around our shared purpose and values
- Demonstrated academic and professional excellence in strategic analysis roles (e.g., through investment banking, consulting, or buy-side experience)
- Demonstrated ability to build strong connections with founders, influencers, and engineers
- A rigorous and analytical nature, with the ability to quickly gather and synthesize information, draw appropriate conclusions, and make value-added recommendations
- A bias towards generating high-quality output
- A passion for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and related technologies
If interested, please apply here.