Citi Ventures (CV) is Citi’s corporate innovation arm. Citi is a global financial institution with over $70B in Revenue, $8B+ in technology spend, presence in 98 countries and daily processing flow of ~$4T. Citi Ventures has invested in over 100 companies in the last decade, has top quartile returns and the current portfolio includes a 25+ companies valued at > $1B including high growth companies such as Datarobot, Docker, Plaid, Grab, Snyk, Cribl, Tanium, Eightfold.ai, Harness and Trulioo. Portfolio exits include Braze, Grab, Square, Docusign, Jet.com, Honey, Cylance. The Venture Investing team focuses on identifying and investing in entrepreneurs whose unique approach to core challenges will help define the future of financial services. The team brings together Citi’s business needs with portfolio companies’ technologies, services and business models to accelerate Citi’s ability to evolve in a dynamic marketplace and help portfolio companies scale.
The CVI team is seeking a highly motivated individual to (a) source, diligence and execute investments in top-tier Enterprise startups, (b) research and build thought leadership in new areas of strategic importance to financial services and (c) work with Citi’s business units and functions to drive partnerships between startups and Citi.
Position Scope & Responsibilities:
- Sourcing/executing investments in leading Enterprise startups
- Source, screen and track deal flow proactively, via research-based targeted outreach, and reactively, by developing relationships with entrepreneurs and VCs
- Conduct due diligence on potential investments in collaboration with deal leads
- Create investment decks, models, and deal memos
- Execute deals by taking investment deals through the Citi Ventures investment process
- Post-investment portfolio management and value creation
- Drive pilots and commercialization of portfolio startups by driving introductions within Citi’s businesses and functions
- Find ways to add value to portfolio companies: business development or sales contacts, recruiting and product strategy as appropriate
- Own the governance and post-deal portfolio monitoring process
- Engaging with Citi colleagues and the external ecosystem
- Interact with Citi colleagues to understand strategic priorities and roadmaps
- Prepare presentations on relevant industry trends and organize domain sessions and startup workshops for Citi colleagues (and occasionally Clients)
- Make startup introductions for commercialization opportunities to Citi colleagues
- Conduct market research on emerging industry trends, deal flow, and specific startups
- Organize and attend venture capital and startup ecosystem events
- Must have bachelor’s degree from a top college or university, preferably in Economics, Engineering or other analytical disciplines
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in either venture investing (at a venture capital or growth equity firm or in corporate venture investing) or in technology-focused investment banking
- Demonstrated interest in Enterprise Technology
- Drive and ability to work independently
- Cultural fit and ability to collaborate with colleagues both within Citi Ventures and Citi colleagues outside of Citi Ventures
- Ability to articulate and debate opinions on potential investments
- Ability to navigate a large financial services organization
- Ability and maturity to engage and work with senior executives
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
If interested, please apply here.