American Express Ventures is the primary driver of innovation at American Express. We back visionary entrepreneurs and innovative startups by combining the resources of a world-class global financial services company with the experience of a leading venture fund.
Since 2011, we have invested in over 60 startups across Consumer & B2B services, FinTech, AI-enabled applications and cybersecurity.
Beyond investing, we also drive business development opportunities by providing our portfolio companies with access to American Express’ global network. Today, two-thirds of our portfolio companies have commercial partnerships with American Express business units.
AmEx Ventures offers an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment with lots of room for growth
Primary Responsibilities Will Include
- Identifying and evaluating emerging industry trends to develop investment theses around strategic areas
- Developing and maintaining sourcing pipeline based on thesis areas, and meeting & qualifying startups
- Performing due diligence of new investment opportunities by evaluating strategic, operational and financial parameters, and driving deal execution
- Synthesizing due diligence findings into investment memos and presenting recommendations to key stakeholders
- Conducting reviews and operational updates on portfolio companies on an on-going basis
- Developing strong relations with venture and entrepreneurial communities
- 4+ years of experience in at least one of the following: entrepreneurship, investing roles at a PE / VC firm, investment banking, management consulting, operating experience at a venture-backed startup
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear insights from research and diligence materials
- Strong analytical, valuation and financial modeling skills
- Strong written & presentation skills
- Proven track record of working with cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders to drive outcomes
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, and work independently and as part of a team
- Interest in FinTech and Digital Asset Innovations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
If interested, please apply here.