137 Ventures is looking for a highly motivated individual to join its investment team. The position will provide exposure to all aspects of the investment due diligence process, including researching markets and industry trends, performing business and valuation analysis on prospective investments, and meeting with current and prospective portfolio companies.
Our San Francisco office is located near Union Square with access to public transportation and a vibrant restaurant and art scene. We are a tight-knit team focused on delivering superior returns to our limited partners while maintaining a high standard of integrity, compliance and fun.
- Conducting due diligence and valuation analysis on prospective and current investments
- Preparing various presentation deliverables including investment memos, marketing materials and investor reports
- Meeting with founders and senior executives at current and prospective portfolio companies
- Researching and drafting reports on investment themes and industries of interest
- Monitoring existing investments and preparing quarterly valuation updates
- Helping portfolio companies with operational work on an as needed basis
- Sourcing potential investments
- Engaging with potential investors
- Undergraduate degree with track record of academic excellence
- 1 – 5 years of professional experience working in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, investment management, strategy consulting, technology or other relevant fields
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with advanced financial modeling skills
- Familiarity with and genuine interest in the technology startup ecosystem
- Excellent business judgment, interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Detail oriented with exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment while also working independently
If interested, please apply here.