The Westly Group is a leading venture firm that invests in companies that are changing the world in the smart energy, smart transportation, and smart building spaces. Four of our portfolio companies have gone public on Nasdaq including Tesla Motors.
We are looking for a Principal to focus on deal sourcing, board management, company analysis and fundraising. This individual should have a technical skillset and mindset, paired with the capability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people both internally and externally. The successful candidate will be smart, outgoing, self-starter willing to proactively find and attract the best investment opportunities globally. They will also need to have analytical capabilities to conduct due diligence and deal execution. In addition to deal sourcing and execution, the Principal will also be expected to deliver value to our portfolio companies and limited partners.
- Assist in the sourcing and evaluation of new investment opportunities
- Conduct research to uncover investment themes and company leads
- Conduct financial and business (e.g. industry analysis, competitive position, growth prospects) diligence for prospective portfolio companies
- Represent Westly Group and its interest on portfolio company boards
- Participate in strategic planning and budgeting process with portfolio companies
- Analyze portfolio company financials and assist with portfolio company performance reporting
- Assist/lead with fund raising efforts with financial and strategic Limited Partners
- Work with strategic Limited Partners with monthly strategy calls
- Assist in creation of presentation for internal investment committee and limited partners
- Attend conferences and trade shows to investigate companies and industries
- 3-5 years of relevant experience. This experience can either be direct at another venture capital firm or exposure through investment banking, management consulting, equity research or as an entrepreneur. Prior investing experience is strongly preferred
- Should have poise and social skills to source investment opportunities and interact one-on-one with company CEOs and other executives
- Prior Board Representation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience building complex financial models in Excel
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated desire to learn
- Significant leadership experience
- Technical mindset and a demonstrated passion for figuring out how things work
- Team player who can work with a broad range of groups and personalities
- Extremely detail-oriented; accuracy, thoroughness, and process-oriented must be high priorities
If interested, please apply here.