We’re a stage agnostic, data-driven family office looking to bring on our first hire to help us in our mission to influence the flow of capital into companies that improve society & push culture forward.
Prior to Studio, we built the fintech research platform Sentieo as a way to leverage data to generate alpha in the public markets. We’re now bringing that same data-driven analysis and workflow to the privates.
We invest opportunistically alongside a network of LPs from seed to growth-stage across a number of sectors including: tech, consumer, fintech, health and wellness, and cannabis.
This is a unique opportunity to help launch the venture arm of what has traditionally been a public equities focused family office. As our first investment professional hire, you will lead the effort to build out the team, create processes, develop theses, source opportunities, conduct deal diligence, and execute investments.
This role is for an investment professional with demonstrated experience driving the end-to-end process of investing in venture or private equity, from deal sourcing to execution. The ideal candidate should be highly analytical with strong expertise building financial models and using data to make investment decisions. The role is also highly entrepreneurial and a unique opportunity to work as both an investor and an operator.
- Identify, evaluate, and execute new investments*
* Build and review financial models
* Conduct market, business, product, financial and legal diligence
* Write deal memos
* Hire a team of associates and analysts
* Research markets, business models and innovative technologies
* Create investment committee monthly reports and presentations
* Originate new investment opportunities
* Support portfolio companies as needed
* Assist the partners as needed
Key Requirements & Qualifications
- 4 to 8 years of related experience in PE, VC, Investment Banking or Consulting
- Experience in market research and/or M&A is ideal
- Exceptional academic achievement with an undergraduate degree or MBA from a top academic institution
- Superior analytical / modeling skills as well as demonstrated business and investment judgment
* Experience working across a large number of investment opportunities simultaneously
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
* * Career minded, collaborative, and intellectually honest
If interested, please apply here.