Streamlined Ventures is an early stage investment firm, based in San Francisco, rooted in the belief that the founders of companies are the true heroes of entrepreneurial value creation in our society.
We are passionate about working with visionary founders to help them create exceptional companies and help them capture as much of that value for themselves as possible – they deserve it! If we stay true to our beliefs and we are good at what we do, then we will benefit too. Our style of engagement with all our stakeholders focuses on low ego behavior, mutual respect, empathy, clarity of thought and relentless candor.
The Principal position is an apprenticeship role that will be integral in executing Streamlined Ventures’ vision across all aspects of our business model. This role has significant scope across our existing portfolio of 130+ companies, in cultivating and evaluating new investment opportunities, and in building the Streamlined Ventures brand with Founders, LPs, Advisors and the broader community. This role is based in San Francisco and has the potential to develop into a Partner position.
- Drive all aspects of investment due diligence: business, market, management and competitive.
- Provide insight and guidance around investment decisions at partner meetings and through investment memos.
- Build expertise in areas of interest (e.g. AI / data science, quantum computing, blockchain, fintech, or others) and identify compelling founders and investment opportunities in those areas.
- Manage internal processes, including: investment tracking, quarterly LP updates, portfolio analysis and collection of all diligence items.
- Craft compelling content with regard to best practices in operating plan development and across functional areas ranging from sales and marketing to product, recruiting and operations.
- Brand building and network development for the firm and yourself at events, conferences, etc.
- Over time will partner with our portfolio companies to work on a broad array of strategic and tactical initiatives.
Ideal Candidate Background
- Bachelor degree from a top tier university in engineering/computer science.
- MBA preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years experience at a VC firm, management consultancy or investment bank and 2+ years experience at a category leading technology company or start-up.
- Proven self-starter, highly motivated personality, able to succeed in an unstructured environment.
- Strong analytical thinker; can synthesize discrete pieces of information into a conclusion.
- Top-notch written and oral communication skills and high business acumen.
- Fun and engaging personality, humble, thoughtful, kind and introspective.
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Resume and any other information you think would be relevant.