Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung’s vision to inspire the world.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product – Designs and builds software experiences from the ground up
- Ventures – Invests in startups with the potential to deliver outsized returns
- Partnerships – Enriches current Samsung products with new technology
- M&A – Acquires companies interested in extending their reach globally
Samsung NEXT Ventures is looking for a dynamic, experienced Principal to identify early-stage investment opportunities from its Silicon Valley offices with a focus on cutting-edge software and services in Edge Cloud. Given the paradigm change to the Enterprise IT industry – i.e. decision makers shiftings from CIOs to developers, value chain shift from CIOs to developers as well as the value chain shift from semiconductor and hardware vendors to software platform players. The ideal candidate will have a strong network and familiarity with the thought leaders in this space to engage them in the Samsung NEXT ecosystem.
- Deal Screening. Network and identify interesting tech-focused opportunities for the fund
- Due Diligence. Provide technical expertise to bear on due diligence (external and internal) for likely investments.
- Deal Execution. Conduct research on investment opportunities, including financial and strategic analyses. Create compelling, detailed investment recommendation decks for deal approval.
- Internal Business Development. Develop relationships with business units through pre-deal due diligence, and post-deal partnership engagements.
- Thought Leadership. Develop domain expertise, maintain investment thesis on transformative technology areas, and communicate to ecosystem of VCs and startups and internal decision makers.
- Investment or entrepreneurial experience with demonstrated intimate familiarity with Silicon Valley’s ecosystem, venture deal dynamics, and technicalities and customs of entrepreneur-investor interactions
- Previous experience leading multiple deals from sourcing to close, including the management of due diligence, negotiation of terms, and oversight of the closing process
- Operating experience that provides both depth and breadth of understanding of software technology in the areas of Edge Computing, 5G, DevOps or AI is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, presentation, and written communication skills
- Extensive network in the venture capital and entrepreneur community
If interested, please apply here.