We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. We collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
Samsung NEXT Ventures is looking for a dynamic, experienced Principal to assist in leading early-stage technology venture investments from its Silicon Valley offices with a focus on cutting-edge software and services in Edge Computing, 5G, DevOps and AI. We are looking for a software technology-focused investment professional who has had both hands-on tech leadership roles and startup investment experience.
- Deal Screening. Network and identify interesting tech-focused opportunities for the fund
- Due Diligence. Provide technical expertise to bear on due diligence (external and internal) for likely investments.
- Deal Execution. Conduct research on investment opportunities, including financial and strategic analyses. Create compelling, detailed investment recommendation decks for deal approval.
- Internal Business Development. Develop relationships with business units through pre-deal due diligence, and post-deal partnership engagements.
- Thought Leadership. Develop domain expertise, maintain investment thesis on transformative technology areas, and communicate to ecosystem of VCs and startups and internal decision makers.
- Investment or entrepreneurial experience with demonstrated intimate familiarity with Silicon Valley’s ecosystem, venture deal dynamics, and technicalities and customs of entrepreneur-investor interactions
- Previous experience leading multiple deals from sourcing to close, including the management of due diligence, negotiation of terms, and oversight of the closing process
- Operating experience that provides both depth and breadth of understanding of software technology in the areas of Edge Computing, 5G, DevOps or AI is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, presentation, and written communication skills
- Extensive network in the venture capital and entrepreneur community
If interested, please apply here.