Romulus Capital, a premier emerging venture capital firm, seeks a West Coast Early Stage Investment Principal to help lead deal sourcing and diligence for early-stage opportunities. Romulus, founded out of MIT in 2008, invests in technology- and science-enabled companies, with an emphasis on B2B technology companies. The firm has raised nearly $200M from a global set of investors and has built a diverse, high-performing portfolio across several verticals. The founders were named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2015.
Responsibilities of the Early Stage Principal:
- Develop and nurture networks within the tech startup community (entrepreneurs) in order to source prospective investment opportunities
- Develop investment theses collaboratively with the Partners
- Reach out to thousands of early-stage (mostly B2B, Seed and Series A stage) technology companies
- Lead diligence process on prospects and help manage the funnel
- Close 3-4 new deals in next 12 months
Qualifications and qualities of an ideal candidate:
- Must be a strong networker who is comfortable evaluating talent and building relationships quickly
- 1-3 years of entrepreneurial, product, and/or VC experience
- Must have the ability to grasp and filter new ideas quickly, and must have demonstrated great interest in the latest technology trends
- Should be skeptical by nature
- Should be highly entrepreneurial, have exceptional work ethic, and be able to work independently.
The position would be based in San Francisco, and compensation (cash and equity/profit-sharing) is very compelling. Start date ASAP. Please reach out to Krishna at email@example.com.