Unlike a traditional buyout firm, the Point72 Buyouts team works in conjunction with the Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) group within Point72 Ventures. We benefit from being able to draw from a flexible, long-term capital source, which allows us to pursue creative and unique strategies. Our investment strategy is truly differentiated: a blend of best-in-class venture and buyout competencies, a significant investment in dedicated technical operational talent, deep practical understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence, and the backing and resources of one the largest alternative asset managers.
Our mission is to build the best model-driven businesses. Model-driven companies are data-driven enterprises that use AI/ML models to automate repetitive processes, enable key macro- and micro-decisions, and continuously improve through iterative learning. Across industries, we believe that the next generation of market-leading companies will be model-driven. We have the investment expertise to identify the most promising model-driven acquisition opportunities, and we have in-house technical resources (data scientists, engineers, product managers, etc.) that participate in due diligence through the initial implementation of operational transformation.
- Manage Associates and Vice Presidents, including supervising and guiding work, teaching technical skills, and coaching investment judgement
- Strong technical skills, including, but not limited to, LBO modeling
- Act as the “deal quarterback”: manage third party advisors, collaborate with internal resources, and oversee execution of a diligence process effectively and efficiently
- Participate in the review of legal documents; develop the capability over time to lead legal document review
- Attend board meetings and, where appropriate, take voting board seats. Develop strong working relationships with portfolio company executives
- Lead first calls with management teams of prospective investments
- Lead focused diligence meetings or specific sections of broader management meetings
- Strengthen our organizational culture and motivate others around our shared purpose and values
- Minimum of three years of prior work experience as a principal investor (two if combined with MBA)
- Ability to lead non-legal third-party diligence workstreams with limited guidance
- Ability to manage – and desire to mentor – junior resources
- An interest in artificial intelligence and related technologies (a relevant technical background or other demonstrated interest is a positive)
- Structured thinker with strong analytical and communication skills
- A deep desire to “get to the right answer”
- An intellectually curious nature, with the ability to quickly gather and synthesize information, draw appropriate conclusions, and make value-added recommendations
- Excitement about the entrepreneurial aspect of working on a new and differentiated strategy within alternative asset management
- An MBA and/or board experience are both positives but not hard requirements
If interested, please apply here.