Okta is in the midst of becoming a fully enabled platform company and must continue to nurture its ecosystem. The Okta Ventures fund will play a critical role in seeding the new crop of innovative, identity centric startups. This fund will invest into visionary, early-stage startups that can leverage Okta’s platform for identity, security, and privacy related areas.
The Okta Ventures Principal will source, identify, evaluate, and build the case for investments in the most innovative early-stage enterprise software startups. This position reports to the Head of Corporate Development.
This role is full time and located in our San Francisco headquarters.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Generate and manage sourcing and investment deal flow
- Drive partnerships and awareness of Okta Ventures within the startup and investment ecosystems, including venture capitalists, investment bankers, external accelerators, event planners, meet up organizers, etc.
- Conduct due diligence on companies, industries, products, customers, and competitors by evaluating market sizing, technology walk throughs, industry trends, competitive landscapes, and financial modeling
- Analyze financial and operational information relating to potential investments and portfolio companies, e.g. company results, profit and loss, growth rates, market share
- Keep up to date with market developments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect the markets
- Participate in periodic updates to appropriate executive management groups
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- 5+ years of professional work experience at a top-tier venture capital firm or equivalent experience in a corporate venture capital
- 3+ years of overall experience working in enterprise software
- Experience with cloud software vendors and their strategies/business models
- Effective communicator, ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions
- MBA or higher-level business degree preferred
- Experience in building trusting relationships and influencing others (incl. executive audiences)
- Ability to build and expand professional networks on behalf of Okta Ventures
- Collaborative team player who is also an independent thinker
- Self-starter who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments
- Passion for technology, startups, learning new things, and investing
IF interested, please apply here.