Mach49 seeks an outstanding Venture Principal to help our Global 1000 clients establish their corporate venture practices. Working with our network of General Partners, he/she will help drive establishment of corporate venture strategy and be a key player in all phases of a venture investment. The role is ideally suited for a high energy individual with intellectual curiosity for diverse technologies and business models.
- Research, develop, and help articulate views on a client’s investment strategies
- Analyze investment areas and drive investment theses in areas of interest for our clients
- Collaborate, manage and run end-to-end deal processes for potential investments
- Define and lead due diligence process priorities on prospective startups, driving technology analysis, product analysis, business model and financial valuation; identify key questions to be addressed
- Proactively network with the broader venture and corporate ecosystem building relationships to drive deal flow, diligence and buy-in
- Contribute to ongoing market reports with analysis of trends and insights at times requiring in depth analysis
- Help drive rigorous valuation analyses to support investment decision-making
- Understand the strategy and requirements of the various businesses within the client company and support activities strategic to the business
- Help supported startups leverage resources, expertise and channels of the corporate venture network
- Analyze operational forecasts and business strategies of active investments
- 4+ years venture investment experience (Senior Associate or Principal)
- Intellectual curiosity for diverse technologies with ability to recognize and grasp critical technology capabilities
- Experience working with startup ecosystems as well as business interactions with large corporate entities.
- Self-starter comfortable wearing a range of hats; Ability to contribute at a high level in less-defined roles
- Broad ability to perform valuation analysis, to strategic hypothesis brainstorming, to product roadmap evaluation, to meeting and working with senior executives
- Proficiency in modeling company financials and performing valuation analysis
- Proficiency in deal structuring and negotiation
- Experience in New Product/Business Development & Strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment with multiple teams and functions and across multiple projects
- Ability to coach clients on the end to end deal process
- Superior work ethic, strong desire to learn, and uncompromising attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, research, and organizational skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Technology background and start-up experience preferred
- Management consulting experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a technical/engineering degree highly preferred
If interested, please apply here.