Include Ventures (IV) is a Fund of Funds & Direct investment firm focused on backing exceptional, diverse fund managers and founders.
We are a team that includes over 50 years of experience in investing in great entrepreneurs and funds. Our team has created an ecosystem of wide opportunities with the inclusion of diversity & impact via VC Include, Hamilton Lane, and the University of California. The investment thesis will focus on opportunities in the areas of cleantech, fintech, healthtech, media, and edtech in markets and founders that have been historically underserved.
We are currently in the process of launching two funds totaling $250M and are keen to expand the team by adding an Investment Principal.
As a Principal, we are looking for someone to help us source, evaluate and support new investment opportunities for both diverse fund managers and entrepreneurs. The Principal role at IV will be a member of the investment team and work closely with IV’s senior team. Previous experience of qualified candidates should include full-time experience working in venture capital, private equity, investment banking or management consulting. Prior entrepreneurial and/or investment experience is a significant plus, especially in the areas of information technology (IT) or the other industry sectors the funds will be investing in as mentioned above
Lastly, the firm believes that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds makes us stronger. We believe in the theory of cultural add versus searching for cultural fit. We strongly encourage candidates of any race, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age and any other status to apply.
The Successful Candidate will be an active investor, manager, and collaborator within the venture investing universe and a credible and effective advocate for innovative impact investment strategies
within the areas of focus.
– Proactively source, identify and evaluate potential early-stage investment opportunities.
– Lead due diligence, complete investment memorandums, conduct market analysis and execute financial modeling to help us make the best investment decisions possible.
– Research key themes and emerging categories important to IV (e.g. climate tech, health tech, fin-tech, edtech, media etc).
– Support portfolio companies and funds to help them achieve product market fit to enable industry transformations.
– Develop resources and programs to help support the portfolio as much as possible (e.g. recruiting, design, PR).
– Create quarterly updates to Limited Partners and the investor community in partnership with the Director of Investor Relations.
– Play an active role in the firm’s growth. Currently in the nascent stages of growth (founded in 2020), best practices from previous experiences thatcan assist in building a premier global investment firm will be valued..
– High degree of honesty and integrity with commitment to IV’s mission.
– Extensive network of venture investors and experience collaborating with other funders and investors.
– Superior understanding and proficiency in negotiating, structuring, and overseeing equity and debt
– Superb entrepreneurial skills demonstrating experience and competencies in understanding start-up
– Extensive experience working with small, highly accomplished teams to drive investment results.
– Demonstrated leadership presence, visionary with strong skills in verbal and written communication,
relationship building, networking, and public speaking.
– Team player who works well in a collegial environment.
– Exceptional quantitative, analytical and presentation skills
– A bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA or an advanced degree is preferred.
-Assist in developing junior staff of Associates and Analysts.
If interested, please apply here.