Human Capital is a venture firm for builders. We believe ambitious builders turn great ideas into great companies. We invest in founders, teams, and startups that share this mindset.
In the last 5 years, that mantra has led us to invest in 12 companies before they became unicorns, including Snowflake, Anduril, Livongo, and Brex (where we wrote the first check). We have over $1.4B AUM and we’ve built a community of over 5,000 incredible, driven, ambitious builders.
Now we’re looking to hire an investment principal to help write our next chapter.
Be one of the first non-founding members of Human Capital’s core investment team, working directly with our co-founder and CEO, Armaan Ali.
You’ll have insight to our full investment portfolio and exercise high amounts of responsibility and autonomy as you help us build rigor, research, and informed curiosity into everything we do.
- Partner with our co-founder & CEO on end-to-end due diligence and deal execution.
- Help develop, articulate, and document investment theses on portfolio companies.
- Identify investment and business opportunity areas by developing theses for incubation projects and driving market research for EIRs.
- Be a partner to portfolio founders by building financial models and crafting fundraising materials.
- You’re intellectually rigorous and inquisitive. You seek rigor for truth and get energy from deconstructing business to a few core principles & assumptions.
- You’ve worked in a mix of finance worlds—investment banking, private equity, venture capital, growth equity—and now want to be more of a key player in a more agile organization.
- You thrive in high throughput, sprint-style work, given the current ecosystem and deal flow.
- You get joy from investing and helping founders build their businesses. You might have developed this appetite from a past life in operating or consulting.
- You believe entrepreneurship has the power to make a difference and the potential to solve meaningful problems. You’re excited to come up with the ideas and theses to incubate some of these businesses.
If interested, please apply here.